Exporting a Course
The Export Package feature creates a backup of your course materials as a .zip package that you can save and store outside of Blackboard. The export includes all of the course content, such as files, Assignments, and Tests, but does not include any student records, grades, or submissions. The export package can later be imported into Blackboard and used to teach another course with the same material.
If you need to retain student records from the course, you should download the Grade Center as a spreadsheet or create a course archive.
Steps to export your course
- In the Control Panel of the course you wish to export, click Packages and Utilities
- Click Export/Archive Course
- Click the Export Package button in the toolbar
- You will need to wait for the export to be processed. You should receive an email to your faculty/staff email address when it is ready
- Return to the Export/Archive Course page and click the link for the .zip package to download it to your computer
Note: It is important that to keep the Export package intact, i.e., not unzipped, or any files removed it; otherwise the package will not be imported correctly later on.
Once you have exported your course, you may want to store the .zip file in Microsoft OneDrive so that it is backed up and accessible to you from any computer. This is safer than storing it on your NIU or home computer.
Last updated: 10/21/2020