Organizing your Course's Content using Folders
Adding Folders in Ultra Course View
Create folders in Ultra Course view by clicking the plus icon in the content view and then clicking Create in the drop down menu. In the side panel, click Folder. You may want to use Learning Modules instead, because they are more clearly defined visually and you have the option to enable sequential viewing. Learn more about Folders and Modules »
Folders are content containers in your Blackboard course. Their function is identical to the folders you would use on your personal computer: to organize content in meaningful ways. Folders can hold a variety of items, including documents, Blackboard tools, and other folders.
Adding a Folder
- From inside a content area, click the Build Content button
- From the dropdown menu, select Content Folder
- On the following page, provide a name for the folder
- Provide a description (optional)
- Set restrictions (optional)
- Click Submit
- You can set the availability of a new folder using the Standard Option Permit Users to View this Content. Select Yes or No.
- You can also make content available or unavailable at particular times using the Select Date and Time Restrictions feature.
Note: if you set the overall availability to No, the Date and Time Restrictions will not function. Instead, leave the overall availability set to Yes, then use Date and Time Restrictions.
Note: availability restrictions on a folder also affect its contents, meaning you do not need to change availability settings for anything within the folder.
Adding meaningful names to Folders
Two common naming conventions for folders are chronological (e.g., Week 1, Week 2, etc.) and categorical (Introduction, Main Topic 1, Main Topic 2, Readings Assessments, etc.).
Folders are content containers in your Blackboard course. Their function is identical to the folders you would use on your personal computer.
Adding content to Folders
Last updated: 6/6/2017