Gradebook in Ultra Course View
Inside your course, you can open the course gradebook from the navigation bar. Select the Gradebook icon to access all the coursework that's specific to the course you're in. Learn more about accessing the Gradebook in Ultra Course View »
The Grade Center provides flexibility to meet the needs of basic and advanced users, institutional requirements, and a diverse student population. Faculty can easily and efficiently perform most Grade Center activities from a central view.
The Grade Center includes features to communicate and share assessment data directly with students, parents, and institutional administrators. A reporting feature can assist faculty and other key stakeholders to understand student progress and make informed decisions to improve performance.
The Grade Center is organized around a main page that resembles a spreadsheet. Each row is populated by a user in the course and each column is made up of Assignments, Tests, and other items that can be graded. Columns can also be used for calculating grades. Grades and comments are added directly on the Grade Center main page, the Grade Details page (where more information can be added), and grading pages that can be accessed directly from the Tools, such as the Discussion Board or Journals.
Faculty can view attempts ready for grading or review the Needs Grading page, accessed via the Grade Center section of the Control Panel. Grading and reviewing can begin immediately from this page or columns can be sorted and filters can be applied to narrow the list. Attempts are placed in a queue for easy navigation among items. Once attempts have been graded, they do not appear on the Needs Grading page and the number of items updates to reflect the current number that needs to be graded.
Grade Center data can be downloaded and worked on outside of the system. This data can then be uploaded to the Grade Center at the convenience of the faculty member. Reports can be generated from the Grade Center so students, parents, and other stakeholders can examine the performance of any particular student or the entire course.
To access the Grade Center: From the Control Panel click Grade Center > select an option (Needs Grading, Full Grade Center, Assignments, Tests) > make a selection from the adjacent content frame.
Last updated: 10/21/2020
- Original: How to Customize the Grade Center
- Original: Viewing Grade Details
- Original: Working Offline with the Grade Center
- Ultra: Gradebook in Blackboard Ultra
- Ultra: Assessment Exceptions in Blackboard Ultra
- Ultra: Grade Using a Rubric in Blackboard Ultra
- Original: Customize Grading Interface
- Original: Grade Center - Basic [PDF]
- Original: Grade Center - Advanced [PDF]
- Original: Grade Columns
- Original: Navigate Grading
- Original: Share and Reuse Grade Data
- Ultra: Views of the Gradebook
- ULTRA: Automatically Created Grade Items
- ULTRA: Manually Added Grade Items
- ULTRA: Collect Submissions Offline
- ULTRA: Overall Grade
- In Ultra Course View, how do I calculate the Overall Grade based on points?
- How do I drop a grade (such as the lowest quiz grade) from my Gradebook in the Ultra Course View?
- Grade Center, Reported Issues
- Grade Submission Tool
- Grade Total
- Grade Center, Setting Up
- Grade Center, Uploading/Downloading Grades
- Grades, Assigning a Letter Grade
- Grades, Curving
- Grades, Drop Lowest
- Grades, Excluding Individual Record
- Grades, Printing
- Grades, Set External
- Grades, Student Access
- Grades, Submitting Final Grades to MyNIU
- Grades, Weighted